Saturday, November 28, 2009

Fixing screen resolution for Asus T91 on Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

After a fresh install of Ubuntu 9.10 on my new Asus T91 the screen resolution is set to 800x600 and can't be changed. To fix this problem you need to install Poulsbo(psb) drivers.


NOTE: while the following instructions will still work there is a newer method available which is recommended please see:


I followed the steps over at this page http://poulsbo-karmic.angelfire.com/
for convenience i'll repost them up here in english but all credit for the fix goes to the original author.

Open a terminal and type:

wget http://poulsbo-karmic.angelfire.com/files/poulsbo1.tar.gz

tar -zxvf poulsbo1.tar.gz

cd poulsbo1

sudo ./install.pl
Then reboot, you should now be able to set the screen resolution to 1024x600.

4 comments:

  1. Hi,

    Are I follow your blog looking for info on Ubuntu on the T91. And I would like to know if there is any chance on an update on using Ubuntu 10.04 on the T91?

    Thanks for the tips so far,

    Bas

    ReplyDelete
  2. The upgrade to Lucid Lynx killed my screen resolution upgrade (the one you posted). I've tried everything I can think of with no success. Please post again if you find something. Thanks!

    Lelah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tried numerous fixes as listed on internet,gave up on lucid and am now back with karmic koala and 1024 resolution.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry guys,
    no luck on the 10.04, I am now running Jolicloud which i can highly recommend.

    ReplyDelete